Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Getting Ready for the First Day of School

I wanted to send something special to school with my daughter for her first day and I loved how Little Yellow Bicycle included this journal tag the Tear Out Ticket book from the Makin' the Grade collection.
Black+inspiration
 I took this simple composition book and turned it into this...
The tip to making this cover last for the entire school year is to make sure all of the paper and embellishments are flat, so I focused on the Little Yellow Bicycle Favorite Pieces and Fresh Verse Cardstock Stickers as my main embellishments.
Then I will use strips of clear packing tape to "laminate" the design to the book.  Trust me as a teacher of many year, the packing tape is the bomb and will preserve this project pretty much forever.

It wouldn't be complete without a matching bookmark.


Makin' the Grade Products:
MG-304 6" x 6" Paper Pad (24 pages)
MG-111 Multi Fun Dot/Green Stripe
MG-107 Pennants/Blue Solid
MG-135 Cardstock Stickers - Favorite Pieces - with foil and embossing (30 pieces)
MG- 140 Cardstock Stickers - Fresh Verse - with foil and debossing (67 pieces)
 
Thank you for stopping by,

3 comments:

Marg Van Patten said...

So super cute ... kicking off a new school year can be fun! Being a huge fan of altering notebooks, I sure appreciate the packing tape tip! Thanks!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Love it!!!!! How fun and pretty this project is!

Kris Berc said...

What an adorable notebook! Great tip about the packing tape- thank you!